A Unique Hybrid Model That Combines The Best Of Both Worlds
Combining the relative strengths of domestic (Cranston, RI) and nearshore (Hermosillo, Sonora Mexico) production in a flexible, hybrid model offers OEMs with lower volumes and higher complexity products a cost-effective option that protects and enhances their ability to respond to dynamic market conditions.
Our Hermosillo facility is specifically designed to support the production requirements of higher labor content assemblies, such as cables and wire harnesses.
Benefits to our unique, hybrid on-shore/near-shore model include:
- Centralized communication: All communication is coordinated through our Cranston, RI based facility.
- Identical systems: Both locations work off the same ERP system, driving to the same demand signals for both material and labor on a daily basis.
- Logistics simplicity: Product can be stocked and shipped from Mexico as part of a Kanban program or shipped to Cranston for final integration into higher level products.
- Shared engineering expertise: Process development and NPI resources are available at both facilities.
- Flexible sourcing options: Dual sourcing of high quality, responsive, cost competitive suppliers.
Customers in highly competitive markets, with volatile demand, frequent engineering change activity and stringent quality requirements find this hybrid model to be a critical element within their overall supply chain strategy.
What We Do
As a vertically integrated EMS provider, Federal Electronics capabilities are selectively applied to maximize value for each program’s unique requirements. Manufacturing services supplied include:
- Complex cable and wire harness assemblies
- Advanced technology printed circuit board assemblies
- Higher level assemblies, where cable/harness and printed circuit card assemblies are integrated into boxes and weldments
- 3PL Kitting/Kanban programs available where applicable
An Award-Winning Supplier
“Our company has very high standards when it comes to the performance of our key suppliers. The very nature of our volatile industry and the increasingly tighter technical demands of our ultimate customers make meeting our requirements all the more difficult. Recognizing those facts, your accomplishments are even more outstanding and your contribution therefore even more valuable.”
– Director of Supply Chain, Industrial/Semi-Conductor Capital Equipment Manufacturer
Read Our Article
An LCR outsourcing option for lower volume, high-mix, high-complexity OEMs