Combining the relative strengths of domestic (Cranston, RI) and nearshore (Hermosillo, Sonora Mexico) production in a flexible, hybrid model offers OEMs with lower volumes and higher complexity products a cost-effective option that protects and enhances their ability to respond to dynamic market conditions.
Our Hermosillo facility is specifically designed to support the production requirements of higher labor content assemblies, such as cables and wire harnesses.
Benefits to our unique, hybrid on-shore/near-shore model include:
- Centralized communication: All communication is coordinated through our Cranston, RI based facility.
- Identical systems: Both locations work off the same ERP system, driving to the same demand signals for both material and labor on a daily basis.
- Logistics simplicity: Product can be stocked and shipped from Mexico as part of a Kanban program or shipped to Cranston for final integration into higher level products.
- Shared engineering expertise: Process development and NPI resources are available at both facilities.
- Flexible sourcing options: Dual sourcing of high quality, responsive, cost competitive suppliers.
Customers in highly competitive markets, with volatile demand, frequent engineering change activity and stringent quality requirements find this hybrid model to be a critical element within their overall supply chain strategy.
Learn more about our applications, or contact us to see if Federal Electronics would be a good fit for your electronic assembly needs.