Federal Electronics History

1948

Federal Electronics was established in 1948 as Federal Radio and Television in Providence, RI. Founded by Romolo Evangelista, the company originally sold and repaired electric appliances and equipment.

1961

By 1961, with the contract manufacturing business model in its infancy, Mr. Evangelista started BEAM Electronics in a nearby 8,000 square foot facility, supplying build-to-print cable assemblies and wire harnesses to the IBM Corporation in Poughkeepsie, NY for its mainframe computer products.

1963

In 1963, the name was officially changed to Federal Electronics. As the contract manufacturing industry continued to evolve and mature, so too did Federal Electronics. Over the years, with a growing customer base in the instrumentation, industrial, and military markets, Federal expanded its service offerings to include fiber optic interconnects, printed circuit board assemblies, box builds, higher level assemblies, and systems integration. In particular, Federal specializes in flexible, scalable electronic contract manufacturing.

Today

Today, Federal Electronics is a multi-national, vertically integrated Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) provider with facilities in Cranston, RI, and Hermosillo, Sonora Mexico.

Scroll to Top